In 2020, the company completed a $15 million expansion and engaged Stantec Consulting Ltd. to assist in constructing a new state of the art Material Processing Facility that includes two SSI Primax 6600 shredders with 25 stations. Our facility provides the customer with a safe and easily accessible location for all their disposal and recycling needs for countless years to come. In addition, the facility has an approval under the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act. The Transfer Station activities are authorized by formal notice to the Director in accordance with the Activities Designation Regulation 5(3) and fully permitted within the County of Parkland.
This state-of-the-art C&D processing facility was opened in February 2020 and provides customers an affordable alternative for all their waste handling and recycling needs including diversion options, accurate weight information and 24/7 access to the site.
The prime considerations for constructing the transfer station included:
- Traffic volume anticipated
- Area required for waste processing, loading and unloading
- Emergency storage equivalent to three days of waste quantities received
- Vehicle wait times
- Days and hours of operation
- Peak traffic volume
The Material Processing Facility provides for following components based on current volumes of approximately 600 – 1,000 tonnes per day of C&D waste received:
- Waste receiving area of approximately 4,200 m2 (provide minimum storage of 3 days)
- Transfer Trailer loading ramp
- C&D processing, storage and loading area of approximately 7,000 m2
- Approximately 25 lanes available for unloading
- Control building approximately 200 m2